Volunteers are the heart and soul of Adaptive Sports at Mount Snow. We could not provide the amazing experiences for our participants without our incredibly talented and dedicated volunteers. Each volunteer brings a unique set of skills to us. We offer training to help prepare you for your experience with our students.
- Volunteer Ski / Snowboard Instructor: If you are over 18, ski or ride safely and confidently on all blue terrain, and have a desire to share your passion with others, you are a great candidate to be an adaptive volunteer instructor. You must commit to a minimum of six days of volunteering. You bring the enthusiasm and we will provide the training.
- Junior Assistant Ski / Snowboard Instructor: If you are 16 or 17 years old, ski or ride safely and confidently on all blue terrain, and have a desire to share your passion with others, you are a great candidate to be an adaptive volunteer instructor: You must commit to a minimum of six days of volunteering.
- Peer Buddy (Ski / Snowboard): Our unique Peer Volunteer program is an awesome opportunity for younger volunteers to make a significant contribution. These peer buddies provide much-needed socialization for our students. Peer buddies are between the ages of 12-15 and can ski or ride on blue terrain, and must commit to a minimum of six days of volunteering.
- Volunteer Administrative Assistant: Our office is the hub of the organization. We need volunteers to help staff the office, answer phones, answer questions and help our volunteers and students get connected for a great day. Some computer skills are necessary for this role. For more information, please contact Pam Greene (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Fundraising: To provide these life-changing experiences for our students, we work hard to raise funds in a variety of different ways. If you are interested in helping with our fundraising efforts, either at an event or behind the scenes, please contact Pam Greene (email@example.com) to discuss how you can become involved.
- Other volunteer roles: If you have skills that you think could be helpful to us, or you are looking for another way to contribute to Adaptive Sports at Mount Snow please contact Pam Greene (firstname.lastname@example.org) to discuss how you can become involved.
Current Covid-19 Response: In uniform with our host partners, Vail Resorts and Mount Snow, COVID-19 vaccination is not required for volunteers. In accordance with the recommendation of the CDC, and considering the vulnerable populations that are our students, we encourage those who are eligible for vaccination to do so. Symptom free attestation will be required before reporting to assignments each day. Disposable masks are available if requested. Volunteers may be asked to wear a mask at the request of a student. If preferred, outside meeting assignments can be requested. Leadership reserves the right to reschedule a volunteer if they are visibly ill at time of reporting. If a volunteer calls in sick or due to a COVID -19 exposure, it will not be counted against them. Air purifiers are installed in both the upstairs meeting area and in the office program space.