We have said goodbye to summer 2021, but here are some of the things we did. Check back in the spring to see our plans for summer 2022.
- Bluebirds Special Olympics Golf Team is back for its third year! Moving to Monday evenings, the Bluebirds will play July-September, at Mount Snow Golf Course in Dover, VT.
- This team focuses on skill development and rules of play. We will start on the putting greens and driving range and will progress to 9 hole play as the summer progresses.
- Our Bluebird team is part of the Special Olympics Vermont, and the goal is to participate in a regional or state competition at the end of the season.
- Our Head Coach is the talented Linda Jane Parson, the President of the Vermont State Women’s Golf Association.
Bluebird “Couch to Summit” Hiking Club
- A goal driven, social fitness group designed for preteens to young adults.
- Meets once a week on Tuesdays, for 10 weeks.
- Each week the group will be building skills and stamina, working towards a bigger hike at the end of the series.
- Hikes will be between 2 and 3 miles building to 8-10 miles as the summer progesses. Hikes will be at various locations within 45 minutes of Mount Snow and the Dover area.
- This is a multi dimentional fitness program that includes simple home assignments of stretching and strength building. The goal will be to summit a regional peak as the last activity of the program.
- This will be a longer hike, chosen by the group, and may be further away than the 45 minutes radius from Mount Snow.
- First hike will be July 13, and end of season hike will be on Saturday, September 12.
- Cost is $150, and includes ASMS swag bag. Full scholarships are available to all athletes.
Family Hiking Days
- Designed to be a social experience for the whole family, hikes will be between 2 and 3 miles, of an easy to low intermediate level.
- Hikes will be at various locations within 45 minutes of Mount Snow and the Dover area.
- Dates will be July 18, August 22, September 26, and October 17.
- Each hike will include a craft, game, or interpretive activity.
- Each hike is $20 for adults and $17 for kids, and will include lunch.